"How to close apps in Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 in a proper way?"
With Windows 8.1, Microsoft has changed the behavior of Modern apps when you close them. In Windows 8, when you dragged an app from the top edge to the bottom edge of the screen, it got closed. But in Windows 8.1, this may not close the Modern App completely. This article will introduce 4 methods for how to close Modern Apps in Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.
Note: Before you do this, make sure you have access to your Windows 8.1 or 8 computer smoothly. If you forgot the login password to your PC, then apply Windows Password Recovery to crack the forgotten one.
Method 1. To Close Modern Apps from Switch List Bar
Before applying this method, note that this will completely close the app in Windows 8. But it will only suspend the app in Windows 8.1.
1. Open the Switch List bar, and than you have two options to go on.
A. Right click or press and hold on an open app in switcher that you would like to completely close, and click or tap on Close.
B. Left click or press and hold an open app in switcher that you would like to completely close, drag it to the right about half an inch until it snaps open to the left side of the display a bit, then drag the app to the bottom of the screen, wait 2 seconds until the app flips over to only show it's tile icon, and release.
Method Two: To Close a Modern App from App's Title Bar
This option will only suspend the app, and not completely close it. This will not work in previous versions of Windows 8 and 8.1. It will only work in Windows 8.1 Update when releases.
1. While the app is open, do the following steps for what you would like to do.
A. Press the Alt + Space keys , and either click or tap on Close or press the C key.
B. Move the pointer to the top edge of the app to have the app's title bar slide open, and click or tap on the X at the top right corner.
C. Move the pointer to the top edge of the app to have the app's title bar slide open, click or tap on the app's icon at the top left corner, and click or tap on Close.
Method Three: To Close All Modern Apps by Deleting App
When you delete the recent apps history, it will completely close all recently opened apps listed in the Switch List bar except PC Setting, and remove them from memory.
For Windows 8.1
1. Open PC settings, and click or tap on PC & devices on the left side.
2. Click or tap on Corner & edges on the left side of PC & devices, and click or tap on Clear list under App switching.
3. Now you can close PC settings if you like.
For Windows 8
1. Open PC settings.
2. Click or tap on General on the left side, then click or tap on the Delete history button under App switching on the right side.
3. You can see Done! To the right of the Delete history button indicating that you have deleted the recent apps history of the Switch List bar.
Method Four: To Close Modern Apps by Restarting the PC
This should be used as a last option if the others above will not close the app.
1. Restart the PC to completely close all currently opened apps.
Choose the one you like to close the apps in Windows 8.1 and Windows 8. For more features of Windows 8.1 and Windows 8, click here to know more info about Windows tips.
Download SmartKey Windows Password Recovery Standard: