HomeGroup has first been introduced in Windows 7. We have introduced how to enable or disable HomeGroup feature in Winodws 7 already. For Windows 8 and 8.1 computer, HomeGroup feature is included as well. Today we gonna learn how to set up HomeGroup in Windows 8.1/8 to make it easier to share files and printers on a home network. There are top 2 options as blow to help you achieve your goal.
One: Create a HomeGroup in Windows 8.1/8 using PC Settings
1. Open PC settings, if you have Windows 8, go to step 2. If you have Windows 8.1, go to step 3.
2. For Windows 8, click or tap on HomeGroup on the left side, click or tap on Create on the right side, then go to step 4.
3. For Windows 8.1, click or tap Network on the left side. Then click or tap on HomeGroup on the left side, click or tap on Create on the right side.
Note: If a homegroup already exists on your network, then you'll be asked to join it instead of creating a new one.
4. Select the libraries and devices you want to share with the homegroup by moving the sliders left (not share) or right (share).
5. You can set the HomeGroup password on the right side under Membership for Windows 8 or Password for Windows 8.1.