For joining HomeGroup in Windows 8.1 and 8, users can fully enjoy sharing files and printers in a home network to different Windows computers. This article is specially moving on to introduce how to join a homegroup in Windows 8.1 and 8. After finishing these two steps, you can share pictures, music, video, documents, and printers with other people in your homegroup freely.
Check the 2 options for doing the process of joining a homegroup in Windows 8.1/8.
One: Join a HomeGroup in Windows 8.1/8 with PC Settings
1. First make sure that the PCs that are already in the homegroup you want to join in are turned on and not asleep.
2. Open PC settings. If you run Windows 8.1, go to step 3; if you run Windows 8, go to step 4.
3. Click or tap on Network as directed in the picture.
Then, click or tap on HomeGroup on the left side. On the right side, you should enter the homegroup password used by all PCs in the homegroup, click or tap on Join, and go to step 5.
4. Click or tap on HomeGroup as in the picture. On the right side, enter the homegroup password used by all PCs in the homegroup, click or tap on Join, and go to step 5.
Note: If this PC was previously joined to the same homegroup, left the homegroup, and the same homegroup is still active when trying to rejoin the homegroup, then the password will be remembered and automatically entered. You will not see these screens in this case.
5. Select the libraries and devices you want to share with the homegroup by moving the sliders to set them to be share or not.
6. After finishing the process, you can close PC settings if you like.
Two: Add to HomeGroup in Windows 8.1 and 8 through Control Panel
1. First make sure that the PCs that are already in the homegroup you want to join are turned on and not asleep.
2. Open the Control Panel, and click or tap on the HomeGroup icon.
3. Click or tap on Join now.
Note: If a homegroup doesn't already exist on your network, you'll be asked to create a new one instead of join.
4. Click or tap on Next.
5. Select the libraries and devices you want to share with the homegroup, and click/tap on Next.
6. Type in the homegroup password, and click or tap on Next.
7. Then click or tap on Finish.
8. When finished, you can close the HomeGroup window if you like.
Thus, you have learnt the handy ways to join in a homegroup in Windows 8.1 and 8. Choose either one from them to get succeeded.
Download SmartKey Windows Password Recovery Standard: