Usually you create a new workbook in Excel and you need to know how to save it in order to access and edit it later. Maybe you need to know how to share workbook to Cloud in Excel. Cloud storage provides greater accessibility and rapid deployment of data, strong protection for data backup, and lower storage costs, making it an ideal storage platform. For Excel 2013, it lets you save a workbook to the cloud using OneDrive and export and share workbooks with others directly from Excel.
Read the following part, which guides you how to save and share workbook to cloud in Excel 2010 and 2013.
Part I: How to Save Workbook to Cloud in Excel 2010 and 2013
For Excel 2010, to save workbook to cloud:
1. Click the File tab, and then click Save & Send.
2. Continue to click Save to Web.
3. Click Sign In, enter your Windows Live ID and password, and click OK. If you don't have a Windows Live ID, you can sign up for it.
4. Select or create a folder in OneDrive and click Save As. Type a name for your file and click Save.
For Excel 2013, to save workbook to cloud:
1. Click File and then Save As.
Note that you can pick the place where you want to save your workbook. For example, to save to your desktop or in a folder on your computer, click Computer.
2. To save to your OneDrive location, click on Add a Place.
3. Under Add a Place, click OneDrive.
4. Click Microsoft account to sign in with your Microsoft account.
5. Enter your Microsoft account and password, and click Sign In.
6. As soon as you sign in, your OneDrive will show up under Places. Select it, and then under Recent Folders, pick your OneDrive Documents folder. If you don't see it, click Browse for Additional Folders.
7. Type a name for your file and click Save.
Part II: How to Share Workbook to Cloud in Excel 2010 and 2013
After you save your workbook to OneDrive, you can share it with other people. They can view and edit the content of the folders after you give the permission.
1. Click File, and then choose Share.
2. Select the type of sharing you want to do. For example, to send an email message with a link to your workbook, click Email, and then click Send a Link.
Now, the document is now saved in OneDrive. When you want to share workbook to cloud in Excel 2010 and 2013, you can send a link to it via e-mail.