"How do I reset my forgotten Windows 8.1 administrator password, without a password reset disk? I am the administrator and didn't create a password reset disk. How do I reset my password without wiping any of my data?"
Forgot your Windows 8.1 administrator password and get out of your own computer? No worries. You are not entirely out of luck. Following are the tricks for Windows 8.1 local administrator password reset efficiently.
Part One: How to Efficiently Reset Windows 8.1 Administrator Password?
Trick 1. Make Educated Guessed for Windows 8.1 Administrator Password Reset
When Windows 8.1 administrator password is not accepted in booting up your Windows 8.1, try to get all the clues together and make a guess. Passwords are created by your inspiration in your personal life. So check if your password with following clues:
a favorite food?
your home or office address?
a frequently dialed telephone number?
something from your childhood?
a favorite number or set of numbers?
the name of a friend, family member, or pet?
a loved one's birthday?
a combination of any of the above?
Trick 2. Use Windows Password Recovery to Reset Windows 8.1 Admin Password
Actually, Windows Password Recovery is the perfect choice when you need to reset Windows 8.1 administrator password without disk created before, or have no other clues to do password reset. It can help you hack Windows 8.1 administrator password and other account password.
1. Install this Windows password reset software on any accessible PC.
2. Burn a reset Windows 8.1 administrator password USB/CD/DVD with Windows Password Recovery ISO image file on this PC.
3. Insert this burn device to your locked Windows 8.1 PC. Start to set BIOS to boot from the device.
4. Select the target Windows system and user account you want to reset. Then click "Reset" button.
Trick 3. Recover Password Online When Using Microsoft Account as Administrator
If you're using Microsoft account to login Windows 8.1 as an administrator, you can get an escape plan if you ever lost Microsoft Account password. Sign into your Microsoft account on your mobile phone or anther computer to reset your Windows 8.1 administrator password (That's Microsoft Account) online. See how to recover forgotten Microsoft account password.
Note: If you're using a local account, your password is not stored with Microsoft account and you need to go back for Windows Password Recovery for resetting.
Part Two: How to Prevent Forgetting Windows 8.1 password?
1. Write down your strong Windows 8.1 password on a post-it so you can view it when you forget it.
2. You can take the most effective way. To use a password manager tool to help you remember and replay all your complex passwords.
3. Use a password hint. When you create your administrator password on Windows 8.1 computer, create a password hint. If your password is changed by others, you can get your password back by using the hint.