Thinking people around you has hacked your Wi-Fi password? Noticing increased activity on your Wi-Fi router? Or the lights flicker even when nobody in the house is using a computer or smartphone? If your wireless network lacks a secure password, anyone in range of your router can access your network. Neighbors can steal bandwidth, and possibly access files on your computers. So, if you haven't changed you wireless network's password since you setup your router years ago, it's time to change Wi-Fi password now.
Below is a detailed guide on how to change Wi-Fi password Windows 8/Windows 7. Although the detailed steps vary from one router to another, but the basic steps are the same. Now, let's work through how to reset/ change Wi-Fi password password Netgear/Linksys/Dlink/TP-Link.
1. Determine the admin interface for your router and enter it in your browser. You can use the Network & Sharing Center or Good Ol' Command Prompt to discover the IP Address. Below I list contains default router IP addresses based on my research and may not be accurate for your specific make or model:
Linksys - 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
DLink - 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1
Apple - 10.0.1.1
ASUS - 192.168.1.1
Buffalo - 192.168.11.1
Netgear - 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.227
2. Log in to the administrative console on the router by entering your router's user name and password. You can locate the default admin name and password for your specific router by checking the manufacturer's website or by Googling "Default Admin Password" followed by your router's brand name and model.
3. Go to your settings page. It may be called "settings," or "wireless setup," "preferences," or similar name. Taking Netgear for example, Click the ADVANCED tab and select Setup > Wireless Setup.
4. Under the wireless security configuration section, ensure that you are using the latest encryption WPA2 encryption.
5. Locate the password setting. It may be a field or tab named "password," "wireless security," "security key," "passphrase," etc. To change the wireless password, simpy type a new password in the Passphrasefield and click the Apply button.
Now you must have a clear idea about how to change Wi-Fi password. Steps above also apply to change Wi-Fi password Mac and change Wi-Fi password Comcast.