"Forgot the password to open PDF file, how to get it back?"
We love PDF documents and use PDF widely on our work and study because PDF files takes very little space and it's easy to carry these files wherever you go. More often than not, we would set password for PDF document to protect confidential information from unauthorized access or modification. The encryption function of PDF protects our privacy, at the same time we may forgot PDF password to open. Here are 2 solutions to help you find forgotten PDF password to open. One is Google Drive, the other is PDF Password Recovery.
Using Google Drive to Open Password-protected PDF Files
If you forgot password to open PDF file you could let Google Drive open this PDF file for you.
Note: This method only works on Owner-restricted PDFs. Not all formatting will be preserved. And Google Drive has a file upload limit of 2 MB per file.
1. Open Google Drive. You need a free Google account to access Drive. First adjust the settings and make sure that files are properly converted. In the top right corner, click the gear icon to open the Settings menu. Under "Upload settings" select "Convert text from uploaded PDF and image files."
2. Upload the PDF. In the left frame, click the red button with the UP arrow, next to the Create button. Select "Files…" from the drop down menu and navigate to the PDF that you would like to unlock. Drive will upload and convert the document, creating a test document in your Drive folder.
Using PDF Password Recovery if You Forgot Adobe PDF Password to Open
As Google Drive has some limitations, sometimes it cannot help us if we forgot PDF file password to open. The best option is to resort to a password recovery program. PDF Password Recovery is such a tool that we could have our trust on.
1. Click "Open" button to navigate to the PDF encrypted PDF file on your PC, and then import it to this program.
2. Choose a type of attack to decrypt the PDF file if we forgot password to open encrypted PDF file. We have overall 3 types of attack as options, namely Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack.
3. Define the attack you choose accordingly. For detailed information on how to choose the most appropriate attack type, click to see how to deploy password settings.
4. Tap "Start" and PDF Password Recovery will begin to crack PDF password. The time used for decryption varies for different passwords. Normally, it takes longer time to find long and complicated passwords.
It is not that terrible if you forgot PDF document password to open. We could always find an effective way to decrypt the password. Feel free to try both Google Drive and PDF Password Recovery which we mentioned in the paragraphs above.